Friday, June 3, 2011

When a Wedding Planner is a Guest at a Wedding

The other week I had the opportunity to attend the wedding of a family friend.  It was the first wedding in a long time where I was just a guest and not working.  Having several weddings under my belt now I was able to pick up on a few things that a normal guest would have not noticed.

The most important thing to catch my attention was the fact that the venue coordinator pulled the father of the bride aside on a couple of different occasions.  I'm sure he was asking him questions related to the timeline of the day, such as "Are you ready for the cake to be cut, is it ok if we now start serving coffee, etc."  I knew for a fact that the bride did not have a wedding planner, and you can be certain that if she did the venue coordinator would not have needed to pull the father of the bride away to ask him timeline related questions.  If there had been a wedding planner, the venue coordinator would be coming to her to ask questions.  The father of the bride was catching up with friends he had not seen in many years; the last thing he probably wanted to deal with was when the cake was being served.

Seeing this interaction made me realize one of the many reasons it's a good idea to hire a wedding planner. A planner acts as a buffer between the venue and the family so that the family can enjoy the wedding and all their guests!

Happy planning!

Julie Daniel, Splash Consultant



No comments: