Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vendor Spotlight: Jones Photography

This week we had a chance to chat with Ron Jones from Jones Photography.  For more information on Jones Photography please visit http://fairfaxweddings.net/.


Tell me about your business.
I consider my business a modern photography studio.  What that means is that I'm not bogged down by lots of overhead and a big payroll, since my office and studio are located in my home.  This allows me to spend more time with my family, while putting in the long hours necessary to run a successful business.   My photography business is my full time job and is fully licensed and insured.

I specialize in working with brides and grooms who want everything to be the very best.  They have high expectations.  I'm used to meeting my client's expectations, if not exceeding them.  I am also careful not to take away from the religious, as well as romantic, aspects of their day.

What do you enjoy most when working with a bridal couple?
It is all about capturing the excitement and love on their special day.  When the married couple opens their wedding album, either for the first time or the 50th time, I desire them to instantly be returned to the sights, sounds, smells, and emotions from their wedding day.

As I photograph a couple's wedding day, I know that the images will be very important to not only them, but future generations who will look at their photos and see and feel both the excitement and love that took place on their special day.

From where do you draw your inspiration?
Many places, one of which is the bridal couple themselves.  Some of my clients want hot, fun, crazy images while some want a more traditional look to their photos.  And some want a mix of both.  Of course I also attend industry conventions and seminars where I always try to stay on top of the latest trends and styles in wedding photography.  Today's wedding photography is nothing like your mom's wedding photography.

What advice do you have for brides and grooms who are in the throes of planning their wedding?
Surround yourself with experienced professionals and you'll have a great day and great memories.  Don't rely on friends or relatives to do a professional's job.  It's not fair to them (let them enjoy the day, too!) and it's not fair to you (even though they mean well, there's a very good chance it won't be done the way it should have been done).   First...  hire a Consultant/Planner.  I've been at so many weddings where a friend or relative was "the wedding planner" and things have gone astray.  A Wedding Consultant will take care of all the little "things" that pop up on the wedding day before you or your guests even know about them.   Think "Stress Free"!

"Experience" is a good thing when it comes to the professionals you surround yourself with on your wedding day.  You should also surround yourself with people who love what they do.  I love what I do and that love and enthusiasm results in photographs that are much "better" and more special to you.  If your photographer is making your guests feel at ease and comfortable, that is sure to show up in their expressions, as captured in your photographs.

Thanks Ron!

No comments: