Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bridal Silhouette

I received a phone call from a friend several years ago whose daughter wanted to wear my friend's wedding gown but it needed to be redesigned and fitted to her body measurements. In redesigning a wedding gown, my first concern is the condition of the gown and then the vision of the bride for her dream wedding dress. I listen to the bride, draw sketches, sew samples and then get started. I not only bring my many years of designing and tailoring clothes for men, women and children to the workroom, but also my knowledge of fabrics and restoration. When I delivered this brides gown, she handed me her mother's head piece and veil as my next project, and my business, Bridal Silhouette, was born! I loved every minute of the process, handling the beautiful, vintage fabric and lace and gently working with the bride to create her vision and seeing it come to life.



In addition to designing and re-tailoring wedding gowns and veils, I also create Ring Bearer pillows out of vintage handkerchiefs and recreate vintage wedding gowns into christening gowns, baby bonnets and Christmas tree skirts for heirloom gifts.

I'm a representative for Kristina Eaton custom veils and I also rent a full line of tuxedo's and accessories for the groom. I'm a one stop shop!!

Please visit my website; www.bridalsilhouette.com, for more information and pictures.

Lynn Nelson

No comments: