A Splash of Elegance is based out of Reston, Virginia and serves brides all over the metropolitan D.C. area. We wanted to share some fun ideas for a Virginia or Washington, D.C. themed guest welcome bag.
- Route 11 Potato Chips: Route 11 Potato Chips are made on, you guessed it Route 11 in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Virginia Wine: With close to 200 Vineyards and Wineries in Virginia, many of which are right here in Northern Virginia, why not treat your guests to a bottle of Virginia wine?
- Virginia Peanuts: Did you know Virginia was there first place peanuts were grown in the United States? Of course, you might want to skip these if you know of any peanut allergies.
- Honest Tea: Honest Tea was created and operated just down the road in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Yankee Candle Cherry Blossom Scented Candle: Thousands of Tourists flock to D.C. every spring to get a glimpse of the famous Cherry Blossoms, why not send your guests home with a jar of the fragrant Cherry Blossoms?
- Patsy Cline CD: Patsy Cline was born and raised in Winchester, Virginia. Your guests will enjoy listening to a few of her classics like "Crazy" while getting ready for your wedding.
- Old Bay Seasoning: If you've lived in the DC area for any amount of time, you've no doubt tried Old Bay Seasoning. Include it in your bag so your guests can bring home a little bit of the Chesapeake Bay with them.
- And why not bundle it all up in a State-By-State Tote Bag?
And or course, it's always a good idea to include:
- A local map
- A list of restaurants and places to visit
- Bottled water so guests don't have to use the expensive hotel bottled water
- Directions to the ceremony and reception
- Any pertinent information, such as: if local events are going on that will affect traffic, a warning to leave early, and transportation information (if shuttle service is available).
Julie Daniel, Splash Consultant