Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vendor Spotlight: Photography by Mandi



This week we had a chance to chat with photographer Mandi White.  For more information on her business please visit http://www.photosbymandi.com/.

Tell me about your business.

Photography by Mandi has deep roots in the DC/MD/NoVa area in 2004. I owe a great deal of my success to my early clients who trusted in my ability and saw my passion even though it was young and unrefined. I graduated from Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, WV with an Art degree, concentrating in Photography and Digital Imagery.

What do you enjoy most when working with a bridal couple?


My favorite aspect of working with a couple is the process of getting to know them. I encourage brides to communicate as frequently as possible and keep me posted about wedding details. I love to know what is important to them along the way and share in the excitement of the planning stages of the wedding. Sneak peeks of the dress are definitely among my favorites. On the wedding day, I cannot tell you how much joy I receive when I arrive and see faces light up because I'm not just a photographer at that point; I am a friend.

From where do you draw your inspiration?
Again, it goes back to getting to know my clients and blurring the client/photographer line. The more I know about my clients, the better I will be able to document their day. While I have a definite style of photography, I rely heavily on my clients personalities and the relationship we've built to capture their day.

What advice do you have for brides and grooms who are in the throes of planning their wedding?


My number one piece of advice for my brides and grooms is this: Hire a professional wedding coordinator/consultant. No matter how small or large, your wedding day should be one of the best days of your lives. Stress should be non-existent. Hiring a professional will give you the peace of mind, and let you enjoy your perfect day.

No comments: